It is a good thing to change your password regularly in order to prevent hacking. Hackers are regularly trying to hack your emails with different methods, by changing your password you reduce the risk of hacking. In order to prevent unauthorized access, you should set your password strong. The password should be containing a mixture of lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and special characters. The more strong the password is the less risk of unauthorized access.
Step by Step Guide to Change MWEB’s Password | Reset Password
In order to change your password, you need to log into your account and follow the below steps.
- Open a browser and go to its official site and log in.
- To log in, you need to enter the email address and password.
- Once you logged in, click on the settings on the top right corner.
- Now click on manage mailbox available on the left menu.
- You need to again log in with the details.
- Now click on the change password button.
- Here you have to enter the new password you want to keep, again enter the same password in verify password field.
- Click on the updated mailbox available at bottom of the page.
If you are using another email program, you need to enter your new password there also to access your email.
Guidelines for a Strong Password | My MWEB Password
- Make sure to use both uppercase and lowercase in the password.
- Use numbers and punctuation marks to make it even stronger.
- Also, use special characters in order to make your password unique.
- Your password should be 8 to 11 characters long.
- Do no use your personal information such as username, email address, date of birth, birthplace, etc.
- Do not use the same password everywhere use different passwords for different accounts.
- Store your password security with the latest application available.
What if I forget my Password?
You cannot directly change the password if you have forgotten it. You need to ask for a backup password from the service provider and then change it. So, how can you retrieve the password if you have forgotten your password? Simply follow the below steps.
- Open a web browser and go to Mweb’s official site.
- Now search for my email in the header of the web page.
- Click on my email menu and you will be redirected to the next page.
- Here they ask you to enter your email address and password but we do not remember our password. Hence click on the forgotten password link below the login button.
- Now enter the username or email address you want to retrieve the password for.
- After you enter the username, click on the proceed button.
- Check your mobile phone for one time pin.
- Enter the one-time pin in the one-time pin field and click on verify.
- After that, you will see a popup telling that your password reminder was sent via SMS. Click ok.
- Your password will be received through SMS